Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Barracuda Repairs

I had a hard time getting motivated after the crash. I think I had to step away from the project to clear my mind. But finally after nearly a year of seeing it smashed up in the garage I got started on the rebuild. 

Clearly, the lower rear A-Arms weren't nearly strong enough with the original design. 
The first order of business was to beef up the design. These should be much stronger and hopefully the heim joints will shear before the A-arms yield now.


Next up was to address the roll cage. The designer swears that a down tube is not necessary with the stock plans. I deviated from the plans on a few things. One of which was the length of the buggy. I am 6'2" and there is no way I would fit in the stock design so I stretched the buggy 4" in the cockpit to compensate for my height. So the repair also included much needed down tubes to keep the roof bar from bending in the future. 




No comments:

Post a Comment