Thursday, November 5, 2015

1982 Chenowth

The Barracuda is on hold for a while. I picked up this old 1982 Chenowth last year with the idea that I could restore it and sell it for a profit. I figured I get somewhere in the ballpark of $4-5K locally. I tore it down and started stripping it for paint and it started to grow on me. It has a strong duel port motor (not sure what size), a 5 rib Bus Transaxle, disc brakes, Link pin/King pin front beam, and cutting brakes. I like the idea of 2 seats and reverse, which my Barracuda doesn't have. If I get what I want out of the Edge Barracuda and possibly the trailer then I could go nuts on the rail's suspension and make it very capable. I can also take my kids with me out in the dirt. It's still a tough choice! I built the Barracuda myself over a 4 year period and I'm proud of it! It is a routy ride with a 2004 GSX-R1000 motor and 100 MPH feels insane! But after taking a nasty roll in it (and walking away without a scratch) I'm thinking less routy is probably a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment